Thursday, June 5, 2014

Terminator 2: Judgment Day

I was perusing Instant Netflix with a friend and he suggested we watch Terminator 2.  Arnold Scharenegger films have never exactly been my cup of tea but I'm willing to try anything at least once, sometimes a second viewing of said actor/genre can change one's mind.  In this case, it was a no.

We watched it and my initial thoughts were validated.  Terminator 2 was ridiculous.  In my opinion it could have been an okay film had there been a decent, intriguing plot and better acting skills -- lets face it Arnold Schwarzegger throwing large, heavy objects can only take him so far.  I felt the only reason to make watching this film worthwhile is to hear the classic line "hasta la vista baby".  Otherwise it is a joke and was giggling throughout the last twenty minutes.  Upon Terminator 2's ending my friend tried arguing that it was a classic action film, it may very well be, but I'm not sure how well it transferred. 

This last scene had me cracking up at how ridiculously corny it was and seen upside down expresses my final verdict for Terminator 2.



No comments:

Post a Comment

"It's important right now that we talk, killer to killer."

Unlike Addison DeWitt I would not like to talk killer to killer but rather as movie lover to movie lover. What do you think?

Movie Review: Begin Again (2013)

Begin Again was a cheesy imitation of Coyote Ugly which was an ugly picture to begin with.  The film stars Keira Knightley, Mark Ruffalo a...