Tuesday, July 29, 2014

My Thoughts on The Giver Trailer

Last week I saw Transformers.  Right when you walked in the theater there was a poster for The Giver. Oh no! It is a Twilight wannabe. Maybe they're trying to draw teens who didn't grow up in the 90s. Yeah, that must be it.

 But then I saw the trailer…

Disappointment began. First off there is defiantly a larger romance between Jonas and Fiona than just Jonas' wet dream in the book. I could have lived with that, but then Rosemary, the receiver before Jonas is played by Taylor Swift. Noooo! Why would you do that to me? Rosemary would never sing a song about Romeo and Juliette living happily ever after or being 22. Lastly, I did not see any mention of Gabriel, who I've always felt is key, paramount to the story. He is the reason why Jonas leaves the community. It was the final nail in the coffin for me. A Childhood Classic was ruined in 2:34. Although don't take my word for it, decide for yourself, I'd love to hear what you think of this atrocity.



.

No comments:

Post a Comment

"It's important right now that we talk, killer to killer."

Unlike Addison DeWitt I would not like to talk killer to killer but rather as movie lover to movie lover. What do you think?

Movie Review: Begin Again (2013)

Begin Again was a cheesy imitation of Coyote Ugly which was an ugly picture to begin with.  The film stars Keira Knightley, Mark Ruffalo a...