Friday, July 11, 2014

Femme Fatale Friday: Brioney Tallis


"A femme fatale, translating to "Deadly Woman" in french, is an alluring, seductive woman whose charms ensnare her lovers in bonds of irresistible desire.  Often this leads them into compromising, dangerous   and deadly situations." ~ Wikipeda

Briony Tallis saw something she shouldn't.  Briony likes to tell stories.  She also likes to tell tall tales.

Her conniving ways begin upon seeing her sister  in a fountain, soaked to the skin in nothing but her undergarments.  Supposedly only seen by the estate's gardener Robbie Turner. 

Later, Robbie writes two letters to Cecilia

Letter #1
"You'd be forgiven for thinking me mad - wandering into your house barefoot, or snapping your antique vase.  The truth is, I feel rather light-headed and foolish in your presence, Cee, and I don't think I can blame the heat.  Will you forgive me? Robbie  

Letter #2
"In my dreams, I kiss your cunt, your sweet wet cunt.  In my thoughts I make love to you all day long."

Unfortunately, the second is mistakenly hand-delivered by Briony, who also reads it before the intended, causing disturbing fantasies which are vindicated after catching them in a compromising position. To complete this hellish night she points the finger at Robbie, wrongly accusing him of her cousin's rape.   

While this one summer day defines her forever, the only thing that sets her apart from other fatales is that she eventually realizes her wrong doings and spends the rest of life in shame trying to atone for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

"It's important right now that we talk, killer to killer."

Unlike Addison DeWitt I would not like to talk killer to killer but rather as movie lover to movie lover. What do you think?

Movie Review: Begin Again (2013)

Begin Again was a cheesy imitation of Coyote Ugly which was an ugly picture to begin with.  The film stars Keira Knightley, Mark Ruffalo a...